D7ZS

Open Innovation and Collaboration

Photographer Nina Sederholm was born in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia in 1970, and grew up in the Nordic She began her professional work in photography at the age of 17, when she was employed as a press photographer. Subsequently she earned a B.F.A in photography from the Nykarleby School of Arts in Finland. Today, she also has a degree in Art Management.

Since the 1980s she has worked in many different areas of her field -- as a press and commercial photographer, independent artist, graphic designer, contest judge, lecturer, teacher, and project consultant). Beginning in 1993, she has exhibited her work in Europe, Africa and in the U.S.A.

Presently she is a teacher in Photography, Art and Culture at Practicum, Helsinki, Finland. 2002 she built up a new one year study programme with the focus on digital photography. Today, the programme still exist and is a very populate programme at Västra Nylands folkhögskola
(http://www.vnf.fi/ENGLISH/Photo_Digit.html) She has worked as a coordinator for "The Memory of the Photograph," for the Finnish Museum of Photography in Helsinki, Finland, a project a regional database of important photography collections, surveying the Nordic countries, the Baltic States, and Russia.

Different people and cultures have always fascinated Sederholm, whose international background is reflected in some of her bodies of work.

Sederholm enjoys collaborating with other people, and believes that people should strive to inspire each other instead of competing.

(Excerpts from this and other of Sederholm's projects can be found online. We'll add links later.)

Ever since 1996 Sederholm's projects have been supported by different grants. Her professional memberships include the International Association of Art, and the Valokuvataiteilijoiden liitto.

Views: 40

Replies to This Discussion

Here is a link to the Café Gallery. Take look.

Best known for the hand-colored nudes and staged tableaux he has created for decades, Jan Saudek (1935-) has posed for his own camera but rarely for anyone else's. This small series represents an exception.

This little body of work has been achieved thanks to Jan Saudek, a gifted photographer from the Czech Republic, and his girlfriend Sara.The photographs were taken at his studio in Prague, summer of 1995.

- Nina Sederholm
Hello Nina!

Nice to meet you!

I would like to join this Photo Group because I apply digital photography in my job (as a microbiologist) when documenting microscopical preparates, illuminated either with visible light or UV (to activate fluorescence from microbial cells which have abrorbed fluorochromes).

I was very interested in B&W photography in my younger days (long ago) but have no lab for this kind of activity anymore. All negatives are still left. A collection of transparencies about trees, plants, lichens etc. is also spared by me - I keep them in room temperature and dark but have had some ideas to transform them (at least, the best ones) to digital form. Oldest of them originate even from 1960's and I think that it is time to save them soon...

With best regards,
Juha

RSS

Feedjit Visitors

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

• Add Photos

Visitors Map

Badge

Loading…

About