Social Media, Virtual Organizations, Blogging, Web 2.0, wisdom of the crowd, microblogging, video blogging, podcasting. Are you ready to gently walking into the deep waters of Internet marketing, collaboration, and open innovation?
The development towards a creative economy will have several impacts:
- products and services will become more competitive
- companies will become more competitive
- companies will increase their turnover
- their ability to respond to the needs of the market improves
How to get started with Internet and Social Media?
Why on earth should anybody spend time on Facebook, Twitter, Jaiku, Pownce, MySpace, etc. The foremost reason why people surf the Internet is because they are looking for information. So, if you have a story to tell, a product to sell or a service to promote, go ahead.
Gone are the days when all you needed to be on the web was a web site. Today you need to think and act in terms of a total web presence. And that means if you’re not participating in social media, you’re not really online. Consider these highlights from a wonderfully comprehensive research project.
* 73% of online users read a blog
* 57% join social networks
* 45% have started a blog
* 83% have viewed a video online
* 39% subscribe to RSS feeds
* 36% think more positively about companies that have blogs