The Nordic Forest Industry

Mr. Tauno Matmaki, the former CEO of Rauma-Repola said today that we should consider to get Russians to become owners in Finnish forestry enterprises. His idea is not bad at all. We could re-negotiate the round wood import taxes and the industry would get raw material to a lower cost. Russians need more paper and board. This arrangement would also open up new market segments in Russia.

You need to be a member of D7ZS to add comments!

Join D7ZS

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Juha, I'm very glad for your activity in this network. You bring insightful thoughts and topics for further discussion. What you say about our Pulp, Paper and Board potential on the Russian market is very right. We've to open our eyes to the possibilities just around the corner. Biotouch could probably have a role as a technology adviser and think-tank in the Forestry industry. We know a lot of knowledgeable people. The Biotouch network can expand. What started as a small team can grow to something much bigger. Biotouch is a new concept with a great potential. Social media helps us to get organic growth for Biotouch and all things related to it.
  • A clever idea, I think. Russian paper&board market is huge, and it is hard to imagine that local mills could satisfy all quantitative (and maybe also qualitative) needs of customers. Newspapers and magazines will be sold in Russia evermore, packaging boards are needed for milk and juice etc.

I hope that big bosses in Finland will have realistic views and forecasts of co-operation with Russian partners. Maybe BIOTOUCH can also be applied onto the production lines of our big neighbour. Ideas of training courses for Russian P&P people have been discussed (Lic.Tech. Kauko Mononen, Finn-Fiber Oy and me), too.
This reply was deleted.